CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I roller coaster week


This week has been full of some ups and downs. The motor thats being rebuilt for the boat is going to take longer then planned. So now I am looking local for a motor that will not cost to much. The other day I found a little work that netted me $50.00 and all the beer I could drink. I am friends with one of the owners of The Oriental Steamer, and he need the grease trap mucked out so I went to work and got er done. It felt good to spend the day working and 6 hours later I had a little more money in my pocket and all the beer I could drink that night. Another great thing was the owner Jeff had also found a crab pot for me 


So life is good I am eating fresh crab in almost everything I cook now:):):) You just can't beat fresh crab is it so good. Here in NC it is the blue crab that you catch and they are very very very tasty. Heck I am eating rice with dried peppers and crab in it as I write this.



This is what I look like when i am happy.






Life is good these days But today I had a bit of a reminder that On a boat we live by the will of Mother Nature, and she can be a very tough task master when she wants to be. A gale force storm blew in with more lightning that you can shake a stick at. So being tied up to the dock I could hear the clicking, creeks and moans as the wind put a lot of stress on my mooring lines. I had to pee sitting down do to the boat leaning about 12 Degrees to starboard, as it was rocking and rolling against the lines holding it to the dock. I should knows when all the ships started pulling in around the harbor. All and all I have to say every day is a new experience and I can't be happier that I chose this life. 




A view from my port hatch as the wind was howling at me reminding me Poseidon knows I'm home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment