CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Learning to throw a cast net

My friend Cindy from the Oriental Consignment shop loaned me a cast net to catch shrimp with, and I have been learning how to use it. Funny thing about cast nets, you can watch 10 youtube vids on them, and see 10 ways to throw it that works perfect in the video. Then when you try all 10 ways to cast it, not one of them work. I did catch 1 shrimp with it so I know the little guys are out there just waiting to come to my boat for dinner. I just need to learn how to cast it better. So every day I am out there for a few hours casting it and pulling it back in. I know at some point I will learn the throw that works for me.

My time here in Oriental is growing shorter by the day. Right now I am waiting for a check to clear and then I will be getting my final provisions to put out to sea. So my excitement level is pretty high.

I leave you this time with a quote from Homer's Odyssey 
'Odysseus spread his sail to the wind with joy, and steered the raft cleverly with the oar as he sat there. At night he never closed his eyes in sleep, but watched the Pleiades, late-setting Bootes, and the Great Bear that men call the Wain, that circles in place opposite Orion, and never bathes in the sea.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment