CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 13, 2010

The little dock time forgot

Well I moved my boat to the in town public dock last week but stayed on the hook in the harbor first, and that morning I got a lesson on why to double anchor when in a crowded harbor. When I woke up and looked out the companionway all I could see was a large mast. When the water changed I drifted and was then caught in another boat's anchor line. Well thats one of those things that wakes you up better then coffee. So I freeked and started doing what a good sailor does,,, went in to action. First I started my motor and as the people on the other boat slacked up their line I pulled forward was still tangled then set the motor in reverse and motored back a bit then forward again and we were freed. At that point I headed to the town dock. The town public dock is a dock you can tie to for 2 days every month. That night I ran i n to a friend who told me when your time is up I know the perfect place for you.




This is the dock that time forgot










As you can see the Shire is parked there now and it is a perfect spot for the Shire for a while.





The only thing about this spot is at the dock the water is about 3' and my boat draft's 4.5 so I have long lines and pivot the boat in the mud on it's keel to pull the bow in and board. But I love it. As live aboard boaters it's always good to remember meeting friends and helping others pays off. If not for the friends I had made here I would of never known about this little spot. So for now the Shire is a happy quiet peaceful place for me to stay until the storm season is over and it is time for me to start heading south again

0 comments:

Post a Comment