CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some weekend shakedown cruises until the storm season is over on the east coast.

Well it is time to get ready to head out again. Now on the little dock I am learning things about the boat. I burned up my charger so I am getting a bigger and better charger that can handle charging a 500ah charge. My battery bank is 2 sets of 2 6v 250ah Trojan 105 deep cycle batteries. What can I say they are big and I got a great deal on them. So I think I should get a charger that charges at about 50amps per hour. I found a good one made by Iota but will be checking with the consignment store first when my new visa card gets here.

My first weekend trip will be sailing up to the City of Washington N.C. for 2 days.

they have a 48 hour free public dock and it is a beautiful little city. I went up there to help Jeff get one of his boats back, and you can see some pictures from day 2 of that adventure on my Face book page. When I go there it will be to enjoy the town and take some pics as I relax.










Then after I get back here in Oriental for a few days to address any issues I might find and to check in with friends the next 2 day trip will be to Elizabeth City NC
I am told that it is a beautiful city as well. there is no reason that a shakedown cruse can't be fun. It's a big world and we only take up a small part of it.












If all goes well on those two trips then by the time I am done I will provision the last small Items I need to start heading South in the start of Nov, and onward to see as much of the world as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment