CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One more month in Clancy's Marina in Oriental.

Well one more month and I should be all set to head out for more then a day at a time. I have a zodiac on the way here and have been pricing Motors. Every day I find new things that need my attention and have been doing my best to make sure when I set sail I do it with everything as good as I can get it. Some times I get a little frustrated at the cockpit size of the Pearson 30 but then remind myself more boat means more work to control it. Knowing first hand that it doesn't take a large unplanned shift in the weather to create a lot of work, I think I will be just fine settling for the smaller space over having extra bells and whistles. When I set sail from here my next stop will be Beaufort N.C. From there more Sea Trials then out to the Ocean Blue. I have been thinking about making a quick trip north before heading down south to give them time to plug the well that is dumping oil in the Gulf. Not that it is an issue the well is pretty far north in the Gulf and I plan on sailing across the gulf when I get around Cuba so I can hit Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cancun before mooring in Corpus Christi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment