CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Today I am adding a poem and a quote from Moby Dick.

As you can see I like to read a little from the written history of the sea every day, from books to poems. It helps me feel more connected and reminds me of the fact that life is a journey that we make. No matter what we do or where we do it. Sometimes life's journey has us sailing calm waters, and at times navigating gale force winds. The trick is no matter where your journey takes you is to always find time to relax, reflect, and remember there is an endless supply of choices that will lead us to the next moment. For me looking at the water, and the sky at night as I read helps me find those Zen moments. These are the moments when I remember why I decided to stop rushing to the next destination, and enjoy the path I have chosen to get there.


A Life on the Ocean Wave

By:
Epes Sargent

A LIFE on the ocean wave,
A home on the rolling deep,
Where the scattered waters rave,
And the winds their revels keep!
Like an eagle caged, I pine
On this dull, unchanging shore:
Oh! give me the flashing brine,
The spray and the tempest's roar!
Once more on the deck I stand
Of my own swift-gliding craft:
Set sail! farewell to the land!
The gale follows fair abaft.
We shoot through the sparkling foam
Like an ocean-bird set free; --
Like the ocean-bird, our home
We'll find far out on the sea.
The land is no longer in view,
The clouds have begun to frown;
But with a stout vessel and crew,
We'll say, Let the storm come down!
And the song of our hearts shall be,
While the winds and the waters rave,
A home on the rolling sea!
A life on the ocean wave!


From Moby Dick
By:
 Herman Melville

There is a wisdom that is woe; but there is a woe that is madness. And there is a Catskill eagle in some souls that can alike dive down into the blackest gorges, and soar out of them again and become invisible in the sunny spaces. And even if he for ever flies within the gorge, that gorge is in the mountains; so that even in his lowest swoop the mountain eagle is still higher than other birds upon the plain, even though they soar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment